Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Don't You Just Love Christmas?

Yesterday when my sister-in-law Spring and I were out shopping at the Dollar Tree (hey they have really good stocking stuffer's!) this woman was parking next to us. I had Joshua in the car seat and I was trying to get the door open to put him in. Spring had her hands full with her son Alexander. This woman got out of her car and opened the car door for me. Then she left with the Happy Holidays and God Bless.

I just love it when people surprise you. I have a tendency to get cynical about people. I have lost all faith in Humanity sometimes. It is times like that when I remember that there is some good out there and that I maybe need to spread it around too.

I was thinking that I wanted to do something for someone this year. Kinda like a service project.
Any Ideas??
I would love your input because I am a little short on the creativity (have been for a while!)

2 comments:

Tali said...

I would suggest that since your a busy mommy and a big project could get overwhelming (for me it would) jut paying it forward. Start looking for one person you can serve each day in even a small way like, opening the door for another who's hands are fuller then yours. or doing a little extra for your family, or telling someone you know that you realy appreciate them and why. Or even saying a contiouse prayer for a stranger you pass on the road who looks like they need it.
I agree,i am often humbled by the kindness of strangers. I don't know why but the poorest people, homeless or at least they seem that way, often do little acts of kindness for me, not just this time of year. I always say a prayer for them. and make sure I Thank God for them.

Barbara said...

I love that you have a blog. It's run to read your thoughts.